Freelance Writer & Editor
As a contributor for Forbes.com, I write about real estate in the Southwest:
- Phoenix Suns Owner’s Investment Firm Buys Two More Resorts for $162M
- Multifamily Is Hot in Phoenix—Maybe Too Hot?
- At the World’s Largest Balloon Festival, Places to Land Are Becoming Scarce
- Read more of my articles for Forbes.com.
I write regularly about the science of pet health for biotech startup AnimalBiome. Recent articles:
- A black-market cure for feline infectious peritonitis
- Too much vitamin D for dogs
- Vitamin B12 deficiency in cats
- Read more of my articles for AnimalBiome here.
You’ll find more of my writing, on business and other topics, on Medium.com:
- Squeezing the Life out of a Desert Wetland
- Why a Style Guide Is Just Good Business
- Is Your Loyalty Program Rewarding the Right Customers?
Most of my editing work is in the field of investment management. Two examples:
- Editing of Marianne M. Jennings, INVESTMENT PROFESSIONALS AND FIDUCIARY DUTIES, CFA Institute Research Foundation Literature Reviews, vol. 11, no. 1 (September 2014)
- Editing of Sunit N. Shah, THE PRINCIPAL–AGENT PROBLEM IN FINANCE, CFA Institute Research Foundation Literature Reviews, vol. 10, no. 1 (March 2014)
Ellen is not simply a meticulous monitor of style and format, she is an astute and sensitive collaborator who helps authors craft fine nuances of meaning in the clearest possible terms.
Ellen Barber, my copy editor, provided sound advice and improved the manuscript immeasurably.
Ellen Barber provided copyediting that substantially contributed to the book’s readability.